Apple Cider Moscow Mule is one of the most perfect autumn drink! It has all the fall flavors in one cup – apples, cinnamon, ginger beer, and booze. You can drink it hot – make it warm and cozy or serve it cold – make it refreshing and crisp.
What is a Moscow Mule?
A Moscow mule is a classic vodka-based cocktail made with three simple ingredients: vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. It’s usually served in a copper mug, but don’t worry, feel free to use whatever glass you have. The cocktail is easy to make, refreshing, and most importantly, very tasty! In our autumn version, I added apple cider along with cinnamon syrup to give it a new twist in flavors. Since I see apple cider everywhere I go – local farmer’s market, the orchard, and grocery stores -during this season, it’s almost a must that I grab extra to make this cocktail for myself during a movie night or girl’s chat.
- Vodka – I grabbed any open bottle on my liquor shelf, and it was Ciroc Vodka. Feel free to use any brand you like or have at home.
- Apple Cider – I picked this one at my local ShopRite. Usually, you see an entire section with jugs of Apple Cider in front of the produce area.
- Ginger Beer – I used Regatta Ginger Beer because I love that they balance the sweetness and spiciness very well.
- Lime Juice – I used fresh lime juice, but for convenience, feel free to use ReaLime, which is lime juice that comes in a bottle.
- Cinnamon Syrup – I made my cinnamon syrup (recipe below) with three ingredients: cinnamon sticks, white sugar and water. For convenience, use pre-made cinnamon syrup like Torani.
- Ice – Any ice works. I love my cube ice, and I used this silicon ice tray
How to Make this Apple Cider Moscow Mule?
- Add all the ingredients, except the ginger beer, into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour it over a glass of ice
- Top it with ginger beer.
- Garnish! Adding a garnish makes the entire drink taste better. Feel free to use a slice of lime, the lime peel, a slice of apple or a cinnamon stick.
- Enjoy & have a good time!
- Shaking the ingredients with a shaker or a glass Mason jar with combine the flavors better, but if you don’t have a shaker, adding everything to the glass and stirring it also works.
- Taste it, adjust as needed, and feel free to add in more vodka, lime juice, or apple cider to balance the flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I substitute the vodka with another spirit? Absolutely!
- Can I serve the cocktail hot? Yes, instead of serving it over ice, put everything in a pot and simmer it over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve in a mug.
More Recipes to Try
Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- cocktail shaker
- 2-3 oz vodka
- 2 oz apple cider
- ½ oz lime juice (half a lime)
- ½ oz cinnamon syrup* (optional)
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 1 apple (garnish, cut into slices)
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Prepare cinnamon syrup (optional).
- Add vodka, apple cider, lime juice, and cinnamon syrup to cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into glass.
- Top it with ginger beer.
- Garnish with apple slices, lime peel twist, or cinnamon stick (optional). Enjoy!